Tuesday, June 30, 2009

A Whole Lot of Love



We had the most fantastic weekend! On Friday night, Gian Luca took over the kitchen and cooked “Mariottini Pizza”, a recipe that he created five years ago. It is thin crust pizza, topped with marinara sauce, black olives, oregano, artichokes, prosciutto and ricotta cheese (though he substituted the ricotta for mozzarella especially for me). After the first bite I was convinced: I am the luckiest girl in the world; I scored myself a man who can cook!

The pizza was so great that I knew I had to bake something to return the favor. I didn’t have much time (and the oven was making our apartment pretty hot) so I decided on quick scones.
I just finished reading A Homemade Life by Molly Wizenberg (a fabulous book, by the way!) so I decided to use her recipe with a little variation. The result: a perfect taste of summer: blueberry and lemon scones. They were so tangy and sweet that we couldn’t stop eating them. Over the course of the weekend we ate almost the whole batch!
Yesterday I made a new variety, which to me, were even better than the first: chocolate and orange scones. These tiny triangles pack a whole lot of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment