Tuesday, January 18, 2011

our new kitchen


Right now, our kitchen smells like the chicken soup bubbling on the stove and the table is covered with papers and books. My husband's sweatshirt is strewn over a chair and mail is piling up on the counter-tops. It might sound like a disaster, but it feels so right.

To be honest, when we looked at this house for the first time, I wasn't really attracted to the kitchen. It wasn't ugly ( except for the purple walls) and it didn't really need any work, but for some reason, I didn't like it.
The staging felt cold, abandoned.


We moved right after Thanksgiving and the first boxes I unpacked were for the kitchen. It seemed like the logical place to start. And little by little, the place started to feel like home (the new spiffy yellow walls helped a little too). Soon enough, I fell in love.

So even though most of the house is empty, our kitchen is warm and lived in.

1 comment:

  1. "Warm and lived in." And cooked in. That makes it a home. We share a large white pasta bowl. So I felt right at home in your kitchen.

    ReplyDelete